Saturday, March 20, 2010

Frosty's model dragster

There is nothing like the smell of nitro in the morning, no? Here's what Frosty has been up to this winter. I'm a lot of things, but a gear head would rank up near the top, at least in my non-tree hugging moments.

That's some fine machine work dude!

I haven't made anything recently that has moved me to show my efforts at the Estevan Model Engineers Show, but I have in the past. Rubbing shoulders with some of the finest men working in metal is a humbling treat of treats.

I got an email this morning from the organizer of the show, Kelly T., in Estevan, prompting us to fess up to what we had been working on this winter. Frosty apparently has been a very busy guy, but, like most projects like this I expect it's been under construction for longer than our short winter. If not, I will be sure to bow down and kiss the rubber stained pavement beneath the wheels of this little beast when I see it in action in the fall... hopefully.

The craftsman museum has a great write up on the 609 and it's maker. I want to hear that angry little engine. I'm thrilled by the sound of good ignition. As silly as that sounds, it's very true. Goose flesh rises for any good song.

The image below is linked to the museum entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment