Sunday, January 15, 2006

doggy dog





Tom is the new love interest. He's about as driven to be with people as I've ever seen in a dog.
I was told he was just six months old, but I think he must be older. If I'm mistaken, we are in for a big mother of a dog.


Surprisingly, he's a pretty mellow guy. He's going to be quite the protector I think. He's got a well developed sense of what it is to
be a dog. He barks and generally his dogness, is untainted by any of his early experiences with humans.


I've waited my whole life for a retiever and I have no idea why I always think I need take on animals that have been wounded in one
way or another. OK, I take that back.


He's a peach anyway. He's going to be easy to take after so many years with dogs that have trouble adapting to life with humans.




Spent some time last week in the local pet store trying to learn which of the stock budgies they had out would be a good candidate
to tame and train. I found out they have new arrivals every Thursday night. I went in on Friday and learnt a few things. I brough home a very
young bird. It's taming up very well.


Ever since PU's little budgie that was so friendly, I've wanted a tame bird. Now that the plumbing is fixed, maybe football and playing with my bird will be
on the prime ticket tomorrow.





Tom, the back lab





Tom, the black lab





Boo with Tom



Boo and Tom




No comments:

Post a Comment