Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Running away

I'm running up a storm. I've decided to enter my first race and a brutal one it will be. It's at the end of February and the program I'll use to train for it will be 16 weeks, which means I get to train for it through the brunt of the winter. I've begun playing with the "2 hour" half marathon program and it may be a bit much.

Today I clocked some fast (for me) miles while working, on average, at 90% of my heart rate maximum. 4.5 miles in 41 minutes. It sounds so slow, but after all the slow miles I've clocked laying down a base aerobic fitness level this past 12 months, I'm all fired up about adding the speed work.

The last time I added speed work I crashed and burned up. It took me a month to pull out of it. So it's off to beddies for this old fart.

No comments:

Post a Comment