Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Four months to go

4.5 miles @ 9:43 min/mile pace // 7.242048km @ 6:02 min/km pace

Half mile splits
4.53.88
5.03.34
4.54.00
4.54.53
4.30.61
4.51.03
5.00.16
4.49.
4.48

Not an easy or pleasant run. 91% of max. over 44 minutes. My legs were much better this morning after a good long stretch last night and a solid nights sleep helped too. They are complaining a bit now, but they'll live. They still go where I tell them. Once it gets beyond that, I'll be asking advise.

A stunningly beautiful fall day here. My thoughts were with the maniacs in the east bracing for Wilma. Batten the hatches.

I doubt whether I've fully recovered from Saturdays sprinting football extravaganza, but I'll know tomorrow better where I'm at. The grumpies are a brutal reflection of over training for me. Here's hoping it's held in check.

So it begins. This week marks the beginning of four months of training. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I know I will push to try and maintain my exertion on the limits of my ability to recover. Hopefully I won't lose my way, but I think it's inevitable given that I'm so new to the game.

I'll follow John Stanton's program for a 2 hour half marathon, but if that's too much, I'll just do as much as I can and try and stay away from injury while remaining strong and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment