Tuesday, October 4, 2005

fall

I don't ever remember the fall colours being so vibrant.  Some of
it looks like it's on fire.  Today will probably be the last of it
though.  The weather has turned cool and damp, so I went out as
the rain started and took these shots of the trees around the house. 



I was losing light quickly so the exposure times were really slow and thus, the lack of sharp detail. 



I love Glen Gould.









I've been pounding away slowly making Fedora Core 4 comply with my
wishes.  I think Fedora Core 4 is harder to install than Redhat
6.2 was when I first stumbled my way through my first attempts at
running Linux.  The new (to me) SELinux

leaves me shaking my head. 



I have maybe always been good at posing questions, but if you were new
to Linux and not aqainted with how to search out beyond your current
boundaries, it would be very tough to get all the bells and whistles
working I think.  Mp3 support, java, NTFS support, codecs for
media players and such all would be almost impossible for a winduhs
user to fall into and succeed.  I guess that's what an "install
fest" is for.  Wish I'd had one.



I found a couple of guides that were really helpful.  The first is by Stanley Finely and the other I used extensively was by Mauriat Miranda.




No comments:

Post a Comment