Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wood is home. Hearth be warm.

The fall has been graceful and I have been grateful. I'm very happy the wood is all finally in the yard. Tomorrow I'll have to shift a thousand kilos of grain into the barn to carry the chickens through the winter. I'm slowly making my way through the fall work and I'm sleeping deeply.

This represents thirteen half ton loads. I'll be curious to have it stacked up so I can calculate the cubic feet and thus how many cords this is. I cut and split more than I thought.

Here's a link to a similar image of Snoot sitting on top.

09_wood_pile_750

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I don't think that I could cut and split that much wood in a year! How long did it take you to do>?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to check my notes about the splitting.

    The felling, limbing, cutting and stacking of the bucked up stuff would be about 25-30 hours. I cut a road into the pile which took some time too. Poor man's strength and conditioning. ;^) I treat it like the running, patiently. I hauled it all out of the bush this week in 13 half ton loads. It's almost time to begin again, but I should be well into next year with the stuff pictured.

    ReplyDelete