Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mustard and Pepper Sauce

I've been thinking about the hot chili pepper sauce I canned the other day and although I intimated that it would rest a couple of weeks before tasting began, I don't think I made 24 hours, I love it.

I learned a new trick from a friend today too. If you mix that hot sauce in a 3:1 ratio with a good quality dry mustard the sandwiches for lunch will be really hot. I'm on a tear. I'm using the pepper sauce straight as a dipping sauce like one might use salsa. Lovely.

How long do you think it will take to give away and consume the stuff? I'm betting that three liters are not going to be enough. There is one more bag of peppers in the outside fridge. If someone wants to speak for them they should speak soon or I'm going to brew them up into more of the same.

We have a glut of tomatoes looking for a new sauce to put away. Why are there almost no variety in Katcup? Yuk. It could be so much better Maybe I should "wing" one and then just document what I did to I can find my way back it if works.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment