Monday, October 19, 2009

Garlic

I broke up three kilograms of garlic tonight in preparation for planting. I'm really happy with how it's cured up. The bulbs are incredibly tight and the cloves have good heavy skins on them. I'm quite certain this round will keep a full year if treated to dry storage. After all that my hands don't even smell. I'm pumped. Next year I'll have to jump on the onions the same way and get them tucked up tightly for keeping too.

The bed is tilled for next years garlic crop. I'll get some chicken manure out of the coup and till that into the bed and then plant densely like I did last year.

The carrots are put by and the potatoes dug. The carrots look more like turnips. Brutes. Five loads of fire wood have been hauled. Who needs to run?

garlic_09_750

No comments:

Post a Comment