Friday, February 20, 2009

Vita turkeys and Hugo's tongue

Snoot and I were coming home from her drama rehearsal on Wednesday (she's Peter Pan) when she pointed out the local wild turkey flock roosting. I didn't take time to get a decent shot of them, but here is an earlier image of one if you aren't familiar with this bird. Isn't he a beauty?

vita_turkey_herd_750_0


Cropped

vita_turkey_herd_750


Hugo ate a 700g meal last week and then promptly delivered an enormous crap. We still haven't come to an agreement on mutual civil behaviour, so cleaning up is still an adventure for me. It seems now that I'm aware of how my face will flush when I'm afraid, I notice it a lot more. Tonight we had face shields to avoid looking as if our faces were targets. Boo gave me a hand to clean the enclosure. He's such a spectacular animal it's a shame not to have him easier to have in hand. I should work on that more. He's stunning. He's big enough to be a challenge if he ever really leaned into a fight so to be safe I'll have Boo around to lend a hand if it ever got a little western with him.

I like it when I can catch the tongue out. It's not often that I catch it just right, but tonight I had three images where he had his tongue well extended.

hugo_lick_750

No comments:

Post a Comment