Thursday, August 11, 2005

Over the line

Between the heavy day working construction on Monday in the heat and yesterdays intense run, I slept very poorly. I hope the crew doesn't want to work on the shop today. It's overcast and looks very much like it's going to be a damp day of rain showers. I'd be grateful for the break.

It's been a month and a half since we've seen any rain. We were flooded all summer until the first week in July. When I was at the school track yesterday for my run, I noted that the folks cutting the grass there were still just catching up on hacking back the parts that could not be cut because of the abundant water. I'd gladly suffer some rain just now.

Sleep is always a problem. The primitive antihistamines knock me out so I usually take those to help me get to sleep. Last night they weren't enough. It will be a long day as I try to keep one foot falling in front of the other. Smiling will be even more difficult. I'm always prone to seeing the negative, but when I'm so short of sleep and over taxed physically, it's impossible to avoid.

No coffee today. Mellow is the word. Walk quietly, let it go, reside in gratitude and bed time will come again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment