Sunday, August 7, 2005

cookin'

Stinking hot summer day today. I loved it. Normally I don't like the heat but this year I seem to crave it.

John's pool liner is patched and the pump is out of the well. We'll likely start tearing the summer shop roof apart on Monday if the weather holds. I feel fit enough although last night and the whole of last week makes me want to get to bed at a decent time tonight.

The horses are content and the foal is growing well. The yearling is still a little saucy for my liking. I have fought with so many ornery animals I just want a docile type of horse with some love of running now. It's a fight to break a horse at worst but at best it's quite a soul searching experience. Monty Roberts biography is worth the read if you are interested in horses and what can be done with them. Another excellent read about communicating with animals is Vicki Hearne's "Adam's Task". I've read it 15 times now and I could continue to read from it and learn. Yes I'm slow, but it's a good book too. :P

It's such a pleasure to have the house to myself. Meite is working tonight and I'm off to pick her up in a minute, but it's been sweet to have a quiet house.

No comments:

Post a Comment