Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A letter to a friend

I stepped into the shop for dog food this morning, but that was as far as it went.





I awoke to the Honda being left behind because of a flat. The mechanic
was hunting, he'll be right back. In the interim, I went to pick up a
side of pork for city friends at the local butcher. They had the entire
ham done whole. OMG dose it look like something I want to roast!




Then back to the folks with the live hogs to pay for that element.
Hadn't seen them in ages so there was nothing doing, but to engage the
moment and stay for food.



Then back to the mechanic's and he's a little backed up. Plug didn't
work, plug/patch fancy thang didn't work right, twice and then finally
on the third attempt we won. If the tire is flat tomorrow you may hear
me scream.




Once that was done I had just enough time to squeeze in a quick two
mile run, no shower, just jump in the car again and pick up kids from
b-ball practise. Oh... that was cancelled. Made the trip anyway and
ended up picking up some clean work in the way of a clock and watch
which prevented any gaskets from blowing. < g >




It was my night too cook, so flew into gear to make that all happen,
during which I pushed past the limits of spoiled Spanish speaking girls
of privilege to ensure that the points I've been attempting to make for
the last eight weeks about how the laundry works around here is clear
enough that said SSG of P could paraphrase the meaning back to me. I'm
no a dirt eating dog of the worst kind. I'm not surprised and I'm
assuming you aren't either, if you know me at all. :P




Bonnie had the wisdom to approach me as dinner was coming to a close
about how she had not returned a video last weekend and it was icy and
might I be willing to take her to St. Malo. I made a deal for ice cream
and departed only to find at the store that Boo in her keen foresight
had come along without dime one. $20 later I have chocolate sauce in
abundance and two flavours of ice cream.



Did I remember to pick up the parcel at St. Malo while I was standing not five feet from it? AHHHH NO!

Zen practise is good practise. :D Let it go.... let it all go...



On a more positive note.  and had been seeking
some help for a moving day crew, so and I joined ,
,   and a host of other bright lights to lighten the load.  With
two half tons at our dispoal and a willing crew, we were able to make
quite a dent in the process.  I love working with others when the joy
factor remains high.  :D


 


Oh I suppose there is one other little gratitude bit that could quickly
get sidetracked into a rant give half a chance to celebrate my sister
in law's idiosyncratic ways.  senkiwphycy's computer died.  I
resurrected it on Monday and then played with Linux, experimenting with
the process of broad band connections. 





Debian and an old install of RH9 were not yielding fruit so booted to
an old Knoppix 3.7 live cd and the dhcp scan for an ip address was done
at boot.  When everything was loaded and ready to use, I was
connected.  My god some days it's sweet to be alive. 


It's only a machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment