Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Double bass

I've been feeling shy so haven't written in ages. Life is active and filled with much to be grateful for.

I doubt that another instrument in the house was really called for. Things do tend to click when the fire is hot though and I feel like I'll be saving this from becoming kindling to a less figurative fire. This is of West German manufacturer, but that's about all I know about it.

Eme has suggested the bass line to Pachelbel's canon as a starting point. Any other suggestions?

Yes I have other responsibilities that need attending to. Back to the shop I go.

bass_neck_750

bass_neck_0_750

bass_neck_1_750

bass_neck_2_750

bass_neck_3_750

bass_neck_5_750

2 comments:

  1. It needs some TLC, but I am sure that you will be making beautiful music together soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuning is a bit of an adventure. The bridge needs some help. I haven't dared look into the sound post placement too closely. Seems like the repairs were solid. More will be revealed. :*)

    ReplyDelete