Saturday, November 28, 2009

Predictably human

I've been thinking about some of the observations Snoot has made about human behaviour at school. I found these links interesting.

http://shorterlink.org/6596

http://shorterlink.org/6597

I'd love to discover the source documents for those that are interested in manipulating various groups of people. In particular I'm interested in predictable responses.

The TV show called Lie to Me has been very stimulating to conversations here since we first became aware of it. It reveals many predictable human responses to situations that we predictably "tell" maybe without intending to. I find it all fascinating. Little tucks of the chin or maybe pursing of the lips being interpreted to indicate particular emotions that may or may not be in sync with other elements of the message being presented really piques my interest.

I happened to be sitting in the company of some border services officers for an hour or so today and could not keep myself from thinking about their training and what those manuals had for primary source documents. Terminally curious as always.


No comments:

Post a Comment