Monday, March 16, 2009

spring 2009 / M's bday / wifi

Spring has officially begun. When I walked out of the house yesterday morning I heard geese. There can't be much open water to keep them here, but they are driven to get the trip north underway.

I saw a flock of snow geese way up high riding a southerly flow this morning. It's eight degrees Celsius today and things are getting mucky quite quickly. I put some flax straw down in the walk ways to try and help keep the dirt from tracking in too badly. The sun has been warm enough to heat the house today. That's the first day we haven't needed a fire in a while.

I'm sniffling and struggling to fight a cold so that takes the edge off the feeling of celebration as the season moves along. I've got another five hours of wood to fell I think so I best get on that before it's syrup time again. I feel like a bag of dirt though and thus, not very motivated.

We had a house full last night celebrating the Wee Juan's birthday. Our eldest was in fine form although maybe it was just a fever fueling her rosy cheeks.

I spent some time during the day using an older GPS hand held device to attempt to confirm or tighten my compass estimates for clearing a line of sight to the wifi tower 5.8 miles away at the municipal dump. Futility ruled and I can only hope newer versions are much more useful.

spring_barn_750


buggy_wheels_750

No comments:

Post a Comment