Monday, August 21, 2006

Ron Melnichuck half marathon and 5km race

Ran my third road race today. 5km 29:05 I'm not terribly happy but I shouldn't complain. I placed 2nd in my age category and 33rd out of a field of 73 over all. I have many excuses for not getting a personal best time, but I'll save those for my running journal. :P

It was a great day out with the local crew from runningmania. One thing about runners is that you can be sure to find good food where ever they meet. We had a BBQ after the race and enjoyed the fruits of every one's labour.

There was everything from ripe sweet garden vegetables, to fudge. In between there was a mango dip for mini pita breads, a Marco Polo salad, focaccia, banana chocolate muffins and lots more. A great deal of food was consumed. Those half marathon kids really know how to pack it back!

This is what it looks like when it hurts.

ian_finish_750


The runningmania crew.

Cheryl after

Colleen and Jonathan, curbside planning the next race

A friend of Jill's and Dennis

Dennis and Nathalie

Derick finishing

Dwayne finishing

Dwayne finishing closer

Dwayne smiling

Dwayne and Jill

Ian and Colleen

Jill finishing

Jill finishing closer

Jill and her Mum, Trudy?

Mike Booth winning

Mike Booth winning closer

Pam smiling

Pam coaxing Cheryl to the finish. Painful to watch, even more painful to execute

Pam coaxing Cheryl to the finish closer

Pierrette

Ian finishing

Jungle Carpet Python after his first shed for him in my care

No comments:

Post a Comment