Sunday, July 2, 2006

Canada is another year older and the fireworks locally blew me away again this year. I expect there is federal money involved to ensure that the south east of the province has a central location with a kick ass show to celebrate Canada day, but every year I just shake my head in wonderment at the high quality of the showcase.

17 minutes of remarkably quick dispensation of funds. heheh. My favourite part of any fireworks display for me in the percussion of the larger cannons. I love it when my gut is massaged by some deep concussion.

Last year we had Claudel with us. We fed her perogies and she thought those were pretty much along her ideas of tasty bits.

Manon and Bonnie headed off to be at the field station on the tall grass preserve for 8:30 to put the final touches on the Nature Conservancy float. Then Manon headed off to gather candy at the parade and Bonnie donned a butterfly costume for the ride on the float.

Manon spent the day running wild around town with her crew from school. Pools, trampolines and a lot of running around will no doubt catch up to her tomorrow. The Stockwell kids stopped by tonight looking for her. I'm betting they'll want to take a round out of her tomorrow. Hope she's up for it. heheh I might have to make French toast to get her going again. Go with Roger's! (syrup)

The steering collapsed on the riding mower so I've spent a good number of hours coming to the conclusion that it really needs replacing. I come from a place where, if it can be "repaired" no number of hours is too much to invest in a rebuild, but I got over it today. The down side was that I spent many hours behind a push mower trying to trim up the lawn before it got any farther away from being an easy cut! It was brutally slow to coax the new dummied down, consumer friendly, low rpm, idiot switch ridden piece of crap to get through some of the long stuff. It was a perfectly dry hot summer day, but even sharp blades were beyond this throttled back, bottom feeding, lamers delight of a machine.

Of course I'm not resentful. I don't hold grudges and I'm NOT ANGRY!

Parts are on order, but if Dad was here, which he will be soon, we could spend days rebuilding teeth on gears.

Five gets you ten, my allergies cut my legs out from under me tomorrow!
Raveon.



Senior writer of Running Time's Mike Tynn when speaking of the marathon:

The Dedicated runner knows that the soul comes into its own when it is confronted with a challenge, when there are difficulties, hardships, obstacle, frustration, heartaches and pain that cannot be shared with the outside world.

“If you want to run, then run a mile. If you want to experience another life, run a marathon.”
-Emil Zatopek

No comments:

Post a Comment